How Much Space?
- A single rabbit needs at least 8 square feet.
- A pair of rabbits needs around 10 square feet.
What Enclosure Style?
- Exercise pens (ex-pens) are excellent choices.
- Condos can be built with wire storage grids if you also use solid flooring.
- Extra-large dog kennels will also work.
Can I Use Wire Flooring?
- Rabbits' feet are not made to stand or rest on wire flooring.
- Wire flooring can be painful and cause sores.
- If your cage has wire flooring, you should cover it with solid materials.
- Central area where they'll be around the family
- Kept at a room temperature below 78°
- Away from direct sunlight
What Litter is Best?
- Pelleted pine cat or horse litter
- Pelleted paper bedding (Yesterday's News or similar)
- Pelleted straw litter (Oxbow's Eco Straw or similar)
How Do I Bunny-Proof My House?
- Remove or protect electric cords, charging cords, and power outlets from the rabbits' access.
- Household plants should be kept out of reach.
- Bored rabbits are destructive; give them things to do so they don't create their own fun.
What Other Housing Supplies Are Needed?
- Heavy, straight-sided water bowl
- Heavy, straight-sided food bowl
- Litter box
Has You Covered!
Our store sells everything needed to set up a bunny enclosure, as well as any other housing supplies you need.