Guinea Pig Caging
How Much Space?
- A pair of guinea pigs needs at least 8 square feet.
- A trio of guinea pigs needs 10 1/2 square feet.
What Cage Style?
- Single-level is best for beginners.
- Lofts and ramps are fine if they are protected with sides and walls to prevent falls.
What Cages Are Good?
- Cube & Coroplast (C & C) cages
- MidWest Homes Guinea Habitat
- MidWest Homes Wabbitat Deluxe Extra-Long Rabbit Home
What Bedding is Best?
- Aspen wood shavings (NOT pine or cedar)
- Paper bedding (Carefresh or similar)
- Fleece with absorbent material beneath it
- Central area where they'll be around the family
- Kept at a room temperature below 78°
- Away from direct sunlight
What Other Cage Supplies Are Needed?
- Water bottle
- Heavy, straight-sided food bowl
Has You Covered!
Our store sells everything needed to build a Cube & Coroplast cage, as well as any other cage supplies you need. We'll even pre-cut the coroplast for you at no additional charge!